Friday, June 1, 2012

The spiritual Side

While we were in Bali the lady who looked after our accomodation asked if we wanted to go to her local village, to see the ladies do a offerings ceremony. When travelling I love to see what the country is really about so I jumped at this opportunity. We had a truley amazing experience and it was something I will cherish for the rest of my life. We also spent a couple of days travelling to different temples I find the whole Hindu religion fascinating and their temples beautiful. A few of you asked where I stayed in Bali I spent 10 days in Ubud and 5 days in Seminyak. I loved Ubud as it was so quiet and relaxing, while Seminyak is very loud and fast paced and a little shock to the system after Ubud. OOOh yes the weird animal in the previous post was a Bear Cat he was so cute!

13 comments:

Rachel - Notes from my closet said...

Wow, It looks like an amazing place :) I'm just the same, I like to see the real culture of the place I am visiting :)

Love, Rachel

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

I love Ubud - it was there I discovered rose water lassi. Tatse sensation, I tell you. Oh, I want to go back NOW.

Ivana said...

This sounds like such an amazing experience! It's so great to be able to experience the real life when you're traveling!

Have a great weekend!

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

Kezzie said...

Ah the number of ceremonies I went to, this really does take me back there!!! The most epic was climbing to a high temple on Mount Gunung Agung for Galungan, the big festival in the same get up as those ladies! It was sweltering! Can't wait to hear more! Did you go to Tanah Lot?

Sophie in the Sticks said...

stunning pictures, you really got to experience something special, lucky you :)

Arielle-HumblePieVintage said...

Wow, that culture is so special and cool to look in on. Thanks for sharing!

FASHIONCONTAINER said...

Beautiful pics :)

Julia said...

That sounds like such a wonderful experience and they're great photos!
Ubud sounds like paradise

Amy Shaughnessy said...

These picture are so gorgeous! I love the architecture...

Amy

Priscilla Barreto said...

This pictures are just fabulous. One of the best things in life is travel. You made me travle far away to those beautiful places. Thanks to share that with us.

Xoxo
Pri

http://www.styledchicas.blogspot.com

thegirlhassparke said...

I love learning about other religions, it is always so interesting. This looked like an amazing experience!

Maria said...

Hi,
Found you through the lovely dee's blog and I must say I am soo enjoying looking and hearing all about Bali!
Such a spiritual place....
I loved Eat Pray Love, were Julia Roberts visited Bali...
I am going back to reread!hehe..
Maria x

The mum of all trades said...

Amazing photographs! It looks like such a beautiful and interesting place.